and/or participated to more than 80 clinical trials. He has published more than 300 manuscripts in international peer-
reviewed journals. He has participated to more than thirty chapters in books and has edited a textbook on uncommon
cancers and a textbook on GU cancers in elderly patients and a textbook on tropical hematology and Oncology. Since
2009 he is involved in the organization of oncology in the French Guiana and manages patients with cancer in Cayenne
University Hospital and Hospital at Saint-Laurent du Maroni. His interest concerns prostate cancer treatment, geriatric
Oncology and now the management of cancers and malignant haematological diseases in the tropical area.
Speaker Abstract(s): S06, S07
Mohamed V University, Medical oncology, Rabat, Morocco
Hassan Errihani is professor of Medical Oncology at the Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy of Rabat and the head of
Department of Medical Oncology at the National Institute of Oncology. He is the director of the teaching and research
unit of oncology and of medical oncology diploma since its creation in Morocco in 2004. Pr Hassan Errihani is a founding
member of multiple learned societies of oncology in Morocco and currently the president of AMFROM (Moroccan
Association for training and research in medical oncology). He is also the coordinator of several national studies in
collaboration with the Foundation Lalla Salma.
Speaker Abstract(s): S08
CHU Lyon, Medecine palliative, Lyon, France
Marilène Filbet, MD, associate professor, is the Director of the Palliative Care Unit at the University Hospital Lyon Sud,
Lyon, France. She completed her training in internal medicine and lung disease at the Hopitaux de Lyon, and then was
trained in pain management.
She opened the first Palliative Care Unit of this area in 1988. This unit is now located in the University Hospital of
Lyon Sud (HCL, Lyon, France), with two supports teams and a research and education team, and it became a Centre of
Pr Filbet teaches palliative medicine at undergraduate level at several medical schools in France. She established a
postgraduate Diploma of Palliative Care at the University of Lyon. She is the national coordinator for the Medicine Palliative
specialization training. She has been invited to hold numerous guest lectures at other Universities in France and abroad.
She was involved for her expertise in several French and international, groups and task forces, as the WHO group for
recommendation for palliative care for older people and the group for DOLOPLUS scale validation. She was a member
of the Board of Directors of the French Society of Palliative Care for nine years. She was elected on the EAPC board in
1999 and chairing the EAPC Task force for training for physician and from 2005 to 2007. Pr Filbet was the President of
the Board of Directors of the European Association of Palliative Care
Speaker Abstract(s): S09
• 1990: Medical Doctor Degree at the Medical School of Padua University, Italy
Board certified specialities
• 1994: Board Certification in Geriatric Medicine at the Medical School of Padua University, Italy
• 2000: Board Certification in Medical Oncology at the Medical School of Padua University, Italy
Post degree training:
• 1997: European School of Oncology – Milan
Professional and Teaching Experience:
• 2006–present: Professor of Geriatric medicine, Udine University School of Medicine Nursing Degree, Udine
• 2007–present: Medical Director, Chief in Oncogeriatric Program, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Aviano (PN)
• Cancer in the elderly
• GIOGer, Gruppo Italiano di Oncologia Geriatrica. Chairman 2009 to present.
• SIGOs, Società Italiana dei Geriatri Ospedalieri.
• AIOM, Associazione Italiana Oncologia Medica.
• ASCO, American Association of Clinical Oncology.
• SIGG, Società Italiana di Geriatria e Gerontologia.
• AIOTE, Associazione Italiana per l’Oncologia della Terza Età.
Speaker Abstract(s): S10, S11